What is ISO 9001? – ISO Management System Standards
Using ISO 9001 helps PCB board designers and Manufactures and their customers get consistently good-quality products and services.
Specific standards for the pcb design industry, for example medical Devises. See The ISO 13485 standard for medical devices.
– ISO has sector-specific applications of ISO 9001 for industries like medical devices, electoral organizations, local government, railways, petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas, and software engineering.
– ISO 9001 sets criteria for quality management systems and can be certified, and including customer focus and continual improvement.
– Over one million companies in 170 countries are certified to ISO 9001.
– Independent certification is optional, and clients can also audit the system.
– Internal audits are recommended to check the effectiveness of the quality management system.
– ISO 9000 standard is overseen by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
– ISO 9001 certification carries weight and has financial and operational benefits
– Fulfilling ISO 9001 requirements involves consistently providing products/services that meet customer and regulatory requirements and enhancing customer satisfaction
– All organizations, regardless of industry, size, or nature of products/services, can apply ISO 9001
– ISO 9001 certification requires an independently audited quality management system and accreditation by UKAS for value and acceptance by customers.